Tag Mounting Instructions
- Clean and dry the inside of your windshield around the rearview mirror.
- Without removing the mounting strips from the tag, remove the tape backing from the mounting strips.
- Turn the tag label right side up facing you (the arrows on the front of the tag should be facing up). Adhere the tag inside your vehicle to the upper center portion of your windshield, behind the rear view mirror at least one inch to the right of the center support of the mirror and at least one inch below the edge of the windshield, or below the tinted section of glass.
License Plate Mount
- Identify the bottom (or rear) face or your E-ZPass tag. It contains arrows next to the installation holes.
- Fasten your E-ZPass tag (with arrows pointing up) to the front license plate using the existing top mounting screws and the knock-out holes on the tag case. Tighten screws securely.
Please note: Your E-ZPass license plate tag should be attached to the center of the bumper, slightly above the vertical width of the bumper, even if your license plate is located in a different location.
Locate the correct installation position for your E-ZPass roof-mount tag. It should be on the roof of the vehicle, on the centerline a minimum of 3" from the front of the cab roof.
Do not install the tag:
- within 2' of any radio transmitting antennas;
- on the sloping surface of a cab or roof -- the bottom of the tag assembly must be parallel to the road;
- behind horns, lights or other metal objects;
- within 1' of any trailers or other metal objects.
- Bolt the E-ZPass tag to the cab roof securely.